Sunday, November 25, 2007

5:01 Club - 11/23/07

This was the 2nd time I'd been out with the 5:01 Club and I'm a bit scared. It was Sara, myself and a bunch of guys. These guys remind me SOOOOOO much of the guys I hung out with in LA. There's a guy that's very social, smart, charming and is the ringleader named Jonathan. He's just like Chip. Then there's a guy that's reeeally into drinking, is totally loveable and likes to do stupid stuff when he's drunk like drink a shot of Sambuca and light his mouth on fire, named Matt. He's like Skids.

Then there were some other guys. One - totally cute but only 25. Then another one - 21 yrs old - that looked so classicly British with his eyes that drooped at the corners named ???. Can't remember.

I got the same peer pressure shit from them that I used to get from Chip, et. al. Tried to get me to do a Jager bomb but I got out of that one. Finally succombed to a lemon/vodka shooter while they did something much more heinous.

Sara and I had a pact that we weren't going to let each other get drunk. Her boyfriend was coming in town the next day and she didn't want to be a corpse for him (he lives in London and she's contemplating moving there. I hope that happens so she can be my friend there) and I wanted to work out the next day and well...just not be hungover.

I made her stick to the pact. I.....did not.

Sara went home and me and the boys and two girls they picked up went to a small dance club called Gecko. HK is cool in that during the day you'll pass by these tiny alleyways and not think anything of them. Then at night all of a sudden there's a bar or club down there. The discovery is fun.

On the way there I had a good chat with the cute 25-year old. He's Aussie. I'm lovin' these accents. I started to think, "Well, 25 isn't thaaaaat young is it?"

I was barely buzzed at this point and not in the mood for a oon-chuh-oon-chuh dance club scene. I walked in. It was crowded as hell. I couldn't find the 25-year old. Turned around and left.

Was going to head home and then I saw Jonathan chowin' down on a hot dog. He said something that made me change my mind (can't remember at this point) and I turned around and headed back inside.

Went to the bar with the 21-year Brit guy and this HOT guy chatted us up. He bought our drinks. His name is Benjamin. I'm in love with Benjamin. He's 27, French, former model but finance guy now and has lived in HK for about 15 years.

I no longer hate French accents :)

He and I chatted all night. The 5:01 clubbers left. I didn't notice. Except for one time when the 21-year old was sitting behind us and he lit my fucking hair on fire. I smelled it but never thought it'd be me and thank GOD Benjamin saw it and put it out. The 21-year old was trying desperately to hook up with - anyone - and I suppose was annoyed I wasn't giving him attention.

Benjamin DJ's at Gecko so we talked about DJ'ing. I surprise myself sometimes at how I can talk about a subject I know nothing about for a really long time.

Benjamin brought me to this other dance club that reminded me of NY. We walked right past all the suckers waiting in line. Love when that happens. It's so pathetic but I felt very cool hanging out with him because he knows everybody.

We were there until about...ohhhhh, 5am. Then went BACK to Gecko and ran into more people that he knows. Then finally we left and I thought we would just go our separate ways because he had just broken up with his girfriend 4 days earlier. They dated for 2 years. But he wanted to come back to my place to hang out some more.

At this point I was exhausted but wanted to get the most time with him that I could. He's just a really gentle-natured person. Smart. And I couldn't stop staring at him. SO beautiful! PERFECT physique too. Of COURSE he just broke up with someone. I swear...

He spent the night and we fooled around a bit but nothing major. We didn't go to bed until about 6:30am/7am. He left around 2:30pm on Saturday.

I was so fucked up. Stayed in bed the rest of the day. Then had to meet up with this girl Grace that my friend Brett hooked me up with....

No comments: