Sunday, November 25, 2007

Saturday night

It took everything in me to make it to dinner with Grace Saturday night. But I made it. We've been trying to get together for 2 months and I didn't want to bail on her.

She took me to this Vietnamese restaurant that felt sort of like a cafeteria but really good food. Then we went to a new club. Her friend is part owner. Rooftop. Very cool. I met this girl, Han, that's from Hanoi so we talked about Vietnam, etc. She was one of the most beautiful women I've ever met. And what was crazy is that she looks EXACTLY like my friend Adria in NY. I texted Adria that I found her Asian doppleganger.

I love how travel opens you up to meeting that many more people. If I hadn't gone to Vietnam then I wouldn't have had as much to talk about with this girl.

A bunch of Grace's friends came to celebrate a birthday. It was all these Asian women that, like Grace, grew up in England or Scotland or Australia. So they're the odd ones out being Asian but having accents. Several short caucasian men accompanied them. That was an epiphany. Short men would have a FIELD day in Asia. SO many more choices. I had heels on so was probably 5'8" and I was towering over everyone except one guy. Cracked me up.

Grace is interesting. The most blunt person I've ever met. Which I like. But she's a little fucked up b/c her mom is fucked up and has a bit of a chip on her shoulder but I enjoyed hanging out with her and she'll be a fun girl to hang out with occassionally here. She knows very hip, rich, cool people so could be fun. Also, she knows the out of the way restaurants that are more local which will be GREAT to learn about.

I had two drinks at the rooftop bar and had to call it a night. They all went to see Boy George DJ (although they weren't 100% sure he was going to make it due to his recent incident) but I couldn't do it. Damnit. How random/cool would it be to see him DJ? Oh well...

I'll just have to go watch Benjamin :) sidebar: my favorite moment was when we woke up in the morning and we faced each other and he said, "Hello" in his French accent and smiled. I was a goner....

No comments: