Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kathryn's Wedding

I had a great time while I was home for my sister's wedding. It was so much fun to be able to help her out in any way I could and do little arts and crafts projects. I love doing that stuff!

I got to go to a shower that some ladies from our neighborhood threw for her. They were so nice. Really went all out. The rehearsal dinner and actual wedding were so much fun. It was a huge family reunion and a little chaotic as there's never time to talk long enough with anyone.

My friend Aaron was my date at the wedding. He was the PERFECT date. Always made sure I had enough wine to drink. Didn't get annoyed when I'd have to dash off to bustle Kathryn's dress or something. All the women LOVED him. Kept saying, "Well, well aren't YOU handsome?" and would make him blush. It was really cute.

My sister looked amazing and had a great time. It was such a special thing to stand up there next to her while she got married and to watch my parents watching her say her vows. And I couldn't love her husband Andrew anymore. He's such a great guy and really loves her.

After the reception we all went back to a hotel and Aaron came with me and stayed the night so that was much-needed fun ;) We were gettin' it on in the morning and RIGHT at the CRUTIAL moment we heard a knock on the door and "Housekeeping!" We just froze because we couldn't believe their bad timing and she knocked again and I finally managed to utter, "We're fine, thanks!" Totally forgot to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Will never make that mistake again. Of course Aaron and I just busted out laughing and now it's a great inside joke between us.

It was tough to say goodbye to him. He's so good to me and I like him. :_(

It was tough to say goodbye to my family too after such a huge event. And knowing that I might not see them until the holidays isn't easy.

No comments: