Monday, November 19, 2007

Vietnam Story #4

I went to Halong Bay for 2 days. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place. The beauty is indescribable. That word looks misspelled. "Indescribeable"? "Indescribeable"? I hate the English language sometimes.

After two days on the boat with me and 3 other couples and a handful of Vietnamese help that slept on the floor in the dining room...I was feeling a bit lonely.

I was back in Hanoi and it was my last night there before I was leaving for Hoi An. I was eating dinner by myself and decided to send Pascal an email. I told him that I had a wonderful time in Halong Bay and although I would love to get together for a drink that night I wanted it to be as friends because I thought our sexual styles were just too different.

He sent an immediate reply (older men are good about that) saying that it was "cool babe" and that he was having a "laid back drinks meeting with the Canadian Trade Commissioner". Right. Me too actually...but my meeting is with the Ambassador to China. Jesus. He wanted me to join them. Martin was going to be there too.

So I did. It was a crazy location. Right on Ho Tay Lake (they call it West Lake). Basically the Beverly Hills of Hanoi. Gorgeous. Although the cab driver got lost on the way there and we ended up in a PRETTY SCARY area...but I made it eventually and when I arrived Pascal was immediately all over me.

Mentioned about 5 times how he knew I'd find the place on my own without any help even though it was really tough to find. I met the Canandian dude, said hi to Martin and met the owner of the club. It was brand new. I must say, I felt very hip and cool.

The Canadian guy left and the rest of us decided that we needed food. We went to Vines which is a really good restaurant. Great atmosphere. Pascal kept insisting on knowing what I thought was so different about our sexual styles. I had to keep putting him off. But of course I was getting the ego boost of a lifetime.

We got drunk. Went back to Pascal's place. Martin and I walked one block to Ho Tay Lake and he showed me the exact spot where John McCain was shot down. We were standing there at about 2am. Drunk. It's pitch black and we're at the edge of the lake. Peace and quiet in this absolutely beautiful area. And I was trying to envision it being a war zone where the worst moment in John McCain's life was about to begin.

Continued to hang out at Pascal's. He went on and on about how he wanted me to meet his mother. His mother is picky about women but would love me. Finally Martin passed out and Pascal and I had a very honest conversation and I told him I didn't like the way he kissed. He asked me how I liked to be kissed and changed for me and it was great!

So we had a WOOOOOONDERFUL night! GOD I needed that. He's a male slut but I put that thought out of my mind because he was so good. It was an emotional evening too. Not just sex. Great experience.

I left in a hurry the next morning as we were counting the minutes until I had to leave to catch my flight. I left my watch and some jewelry there. He texted me saying as much and said I could either pick it up during my connection on my way back to HK in a few days or he could bring it to HK himself. I opted for the latter.

No comments: