Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Talk

Dave and I talked Monday night and I don't really feel any better or any worse. Just eh....

I still have absolutely no idea how he feels about me but after reflecting back I didn't really ask him so that's only fair.

He said that he's in no rush to settle down but he's open to it down the road. That's fine with me. But his schedule is never going to change so I only get him about 2 times a week at the most and at least one - if not both times - he's too tired for sex.

The other issue is that I might be a little too sensitive for his harsher communication style. He's got that tough-northern-I-was-in-the-Navy type style and I need a little more coddling than that gives. He never talks about how he feels. Hardly ever compliments me. I just need a little more in that area.

Monday night I said that it would mean the world to me if he could tack an "I miss you" at the end of a text message or an email sometimes and he just stared at me with a grin on his face. I was like, "Ummmmmm, do you think I'm an idiot for asking that or are you thinking this is cute?" So I said, "Okay...moving on."

I'm like...GIVE ME SOMETHING!

My attitude right now is to just go with it for awhile longer. Have fun this spring/summer with him and reevaluate in a couple of months. If he's not excited about me by then then I think that's a sign I need to move on.

So I guess I do feel better now that I have a plan. And I'm also keeping my options open. If I meet a great guy out I might go for an innocent coffee. Can't close the door on anything right now.

No comments: