Sunday, May 20, 2007

Great Weekend

Friday night I went out with Jeannie. We've been trying to go out and get to know each other for months now. We went to a couple places and had a few drinks and good conversation. I want her to be my new friend :) She's great (Thanks, Jess if you're reading this).

Saturday I slept ridiculously late then went to see "Waitress" which I thought was cute. Then on my street there was a great flea market. I love my neighborhood! There was some really good jewelry. I was good and only bought $10 in bracelets.

Dave came over later and we went to Snack for dinner and had a great meal. He looked so cute in this thin, yellow sweater. When he smiles I just melt because he has those perfect crow's feet. Love it.

So good conversation at dinner and then we went to our tapas/wine bar, Ostia, for some more wine. I drank one extra glass than I should have. He's a bad influence on me. Then we came back to my place and had good sex. He didn't have to work on the deck during the day so he had some energy :)

Also, Dave mentioned that the Monday after Mother's Day his dad came into work and said, "So, what does Stacey do for a living?" Dave said, "What? You didn't ask her?" His dad said, "No, I didn't want to be nosy." So then Dave's mom came into the city on Wednesday and did the same thing. Asked Dave, "So where's Stacey from?" Dave said, "Why don't you ask her the next time you see her." His mom said, "Well, I didn't want to be nosy." I feel SO MUCH BETTER about his parents!!! They're on the one extreme end of almost being rude in their effort to not be "nosy" whereas MY mom is on the other end of the spectrum and is almost rude by how many questions she DOES ask. Anyway...glad they're actually interested in who I am.

This morning Dave and I went to Bubby's. Love that place. Although Dave said, "Let's go to Googie's." I said, "Huh. Never heard of it." Then we walk to Tribeca and I see Bubby's and I say, "I love that place" and he got the cute, confused look on his face that he gets when he's...well...confused and said, "Oh! That's where we're going." I love that he has airhead moments. Makes me feel okay about mine.

After breakfast we walked around SoHo and then he dropped me off because he had to go to work. It was a perfect date.

I took a nap and then went to Central Park to take some pictures. It's tough to find a creative way to take pictures of Bethesda Fountain but I think I did it. Then I sat in the grass and called my mom and spoke with her for awhile. Then I bought a hot dog and by the time I got to the next cart I was already done eating it so I bought an Oreo ice cream popsicle. Yummmmmyyyy....

I decided to walk all the way home to walk off the food and it started raining right at the Empire State Building. So I waiting it out underneath the awning and then made it home. I love walking home down 5th Avenue from the park. It's such a fun walk.

I love this city!!!

No comments: