Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend update

On Friday my friend Eric emailed me and said that he wanted to come crash with me in NY for Super Bowl weekend. His wife was going to be out of town you see and he didn't want to watch it all by himself in Boston. They moved there about a year ago but he doesn't have many friends.

Friday night I had a match.com date that was just eh. And the guy sort of tried to kiss me...or at least have a "moment"...at the end of the date which was out of place given the casual nature and length of the date. I hate when guys try to get a kiss when it's completely inappropriate. He asked me if I'd want to go out again and of course I said yes even though I don't want to.

Eric arrived on Saturday afternoon. We went to Corner Bistro for burgers (so damn good) and had a beer there. Then we went to another bar for awhile and drank some more. We went back to my apartment and I was SO tired and just wanted to go to bed. It was 8pm. Fuck.

And I couldn't bail on him because he's married with an 8 month old kid so this is his weekend to "go crazy." [sighhhhh] Okayyyyyy. So we go to Chumley's and Eric proceeds to annihilate himself. He was talking with everyone in the bar. Forcing them to go check out the shitty jukebox (it was shitty, but still...) and telling them that China sucks. I don't know why China sucks but far be it for me to try and actually get a straight answer out of him when he's on his 12th beer.

Man, China sucks.

Finally, by 1:30am he wants to go home and pass out. He stumbles the one block to my place (thank God we didn't go farther away). I tuck him in to the couch and go to my bed. He comes in there and I get out of the bed and say, "Eric, what are you doing?" and he crashes in the middle of my bed.

Asshole.

So I slept on the couch.

Sunday we go get brunch at one of my favorite places, The Cupping Room, in Soho and then met up with our friend Boob/Mischievious Boy (all of my LA friends have weird nicknames). We met him in LA but now he lives back in NY.

Eric had two bloody mary's at brunch and then drank some beers at this bar. We get a cab to go back to my place to shower before the Super Bowl and in the cab he just all of a sudden pukes. We were stopped at a light and he tried to open the door but still got some of it on the cab door.

Eric and the cab driver proceed to have a screaming match in the middle of the street. I could tell Eric was trying to get the guy to hit him by the way he was yelling at him. I was standing there like a helpless little lamb. The cab driver finally agreed to take $40.

My favorite part is that about 5 minutes into it a woman in an SUV decides it's a good idea to roll her window down and say to the two, big, screaming men, "This is a really bad intersection...you're clogging traffic."

No shit, lady.

Eric and I went to the sports bar by my place to watch the game. Immature Notre Dame boy, Dan, was there with a couple of his friends. My roommate came with a girl she's dating and a couple of their friends which was fun. Eric drank more at the bar. I was amazed. I could never puke and then keep drinking. Ugh. Good for him though.

Dan and I talked some. It was good. And he only hit on me a couple of times so we're getting better. At the end of the night he didn't even hug me and said, "Good luck."

"Good luck?"

Gee, thanks. Guess that means I won't be hanging out with you guys anytime soon.

No comments: