Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend Update 2/12

Friday night was fun but pathetic. It was my roommate's birthday celebration. Went to a bar called Secret (stupid name). Annette is really good at introducing me to people so I met a lot of her friends. Met a straight girl and because I'm Annette's roommate she assumed I was a lesbian. I could tell she really didn't want to talk with me and thought she just must be tired or something. Then she discovered that I'm not gay and lit up and said, "Oh! Hi! Nice to meet you!" It was funny.

I had 4 vodka/tonics and a little orange shooter thing the cute, gay bartender made me. I hadn't eaten that much during the day so I got really drunk. Was dancing with the bartender (always a sign the night needs to end). There was a really hot photographer guy there but I didn't meet him until the end of the night so I'm sure he thought I was annoying.

Annette and I got a slice of pizza and went home. I proceeded to throw up. Lovely. I was literally in bed all day long. Couldn't even drink water until about 3pm. Such an idiot.

My match.com date from Wednesday night texted me to see if I wanted to get a drink but I was too hungover. I managed to make it to my coworker Brian's party in Park Slope though. But not until after 11:30pm. Annette convinced me that I needed to go in case I could meet some cool people. Good point. So I rallied and it was exactly what I thought it would be. I saw the two guys I work with and the host of the party was busy...hosting...and the other one would rather eat his own foot than small talk with me and vice versa.

So I walked into the crowd over literary snobs and just didn't have it in me to try and break my way into one of the cliques. So I sat in a chair and drank a beer and then left.

Sunday morning I bought the Times, a banana and a bagel. Later on I saw "Because I Said So" and it was HORRIBLE!!! God! So damn bad! I was so pissed off sitting there. Then I went to Little Italy to a restaurant for some Chicken Parmesianga. Yummmmm...

No comments: