Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Last night

Went to a dinner last night with Dave, his friend Pete (bday boy), Pete's girlfriend, Pete's parents, and another couple. I'm smitten with Dave. He's such a solid guy and he makes me laugh. The more I get to know him the more I like him. Last night he revealed that he and Pete get in fights over politics because Pete doesn't vote and that drives Dave nuts. Dave's the type that makes sure to read the news everyday because he feels it's his responsibility to be an educated voter. Whatever - it's a small thing but all of those small things add up.

He's from New Canaan, CT and was a competitive swimmer when he was younger. He mentioned that he competed in Amsterdam when he was 14 years old but all the other guys were 16-18 years old. Pretty impressive, but he says it like it's not a big deal. Humble. He went to college for a year and decided that it wasn't for him and he'd rather travel around the world with the Navy. So he was in the Navy for 5 years.

We're going to have dinner Saturday night with Pete & his girlfriend and the other couple. I'm at the point now where Saturday seems SO far away and I can't believe I have to wait that long to see him again. [smile]

No comments: