Sunday, April 06, 2008

Billion Place

I had a great time Friday night. Brigitte invited me to dinner with 7 of her girlfriends. We had the entire space to ourselves and the chef was all ours. It was a pretty sweet set up. Here's some pictures.

It was inspiring to meet so many women who have their shit together. The ones I got to know the most all have great jobs. A couple of them (including Brigitte) own their own companies. They're all so cool too. Names like Neveen, Divia, Jade, Helena, etc. They're from all over the world. Cool clothes. Etc.

I wasn't feeling inadequate though because they're down to earth and easy to talk to as well. It was just a great night. It made me wish I was staying in HK for a couple of reasons. First, it's rare to meet women that I am not annoyed by after a couple hours of conversation. Second, I know if I stayed here I'd be able to start my own company doing something where I can import goods from the U.S. or other western countries and sell them to HK companies. Or sell them myself.

One woman I spoke with owns a company where she imports high end beauty products and has expanded to really nice candles, decorative pillows, etc. She sells them to luxury hotels and stuff.

There's just so much opportunity for something like that here but you have to be willing to live in Hong Kong. Eh, I can always come back after I make money in London if I want.

Last night I went to the movies to see "Once" again. It's finally showing here. No one in the audience got up after the movie was over. I think they liked it.

And now it's a beautiful spring day...1:20pm...and I'm typing on the computer. Must go outside!

No comments: