Saturday, March 08, 2008

Men

Story #1: Toronto Joe called me out of the blue on Thursday. I haven't spoken to him on the phone in over a year. We've kept in touch over email but only every month or two and almost always at my initiation. (did that phrasing make sense? eh, i don't care - it's 1am).

He downloaded Skype and we talked via webcam for over 3 hours. The last time I saw his face was in a trailer he sent me that he filmed. And before that was 2 NYE's ago when I was in Toronto visiting him.

It was a great conversation but torture at the same time. To have his face taking up my entire computer screen...and mine his...it's like we could reach out and grab each other. It was tough at the end to say goodbye. We didn't know how to do it. We get along so well. Talk about everything. Laugh at each other. Then just stare at each other for what seems like forever.

He's pitching a TV show idea to his cousin who's a big wig at HBO so I told him to let me know how it goes. Said that about 4 times trying to end the conversation.

He finally said, "Alright, let's say goodbye before I ask you to take your top off or something."

Yes, let's.

I miss so many things about him but I don't wonder what would happen if we ever lived in the same city. At least not at this point in his life. He's too emotionally unstable for me. I need a solid man. But I DO wish Joe and I could spend a few days together every once in awhile just drinking, laughing, having sex, etc.

Story #2: Matt the Brit texted me. We squished 3 dates into 2 days about 5-6 weeks ago. He's the closest to the whole package that I've ever experienced. REALLY like him. He said in the text:

Hi Stacey, long time no speak! I am in Shanghai right now. It seems that I am not in Hong Kong a lot these days. Just wanted to say that I would have asked you on another date but it just didn't work out with all this travel. Hope no hard feelings, but did not want to just leave it hanging! I'm sure I'll see you in LKF. Take care, Matt.


Fucking BUMMER OF ALL BUMMERS! He's so great! But never here. I really appreciated his text. Hopefully I'll see him at the end of March at the rugby 7's tournament. We both have tickets. And I'll be here for a few more months so maybe we can catch each other a few times here and there. [Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]

Am so over everything! WHEN is it going to work out?????????!!!!!!!!!

Story #3: Hung out with my friend Cameron all weekend so far. He's so sweet. Met him for drinks last night and then today I ate at my favorite breakfast place, read my magazine, took the ferry to Kowloon, went to the HK Museum of Art, then met up with Cameron again as he wanted to go to Lamma Island for good, inexpensive seafood. Sounded like a great idea but he was stuck in traffic and we missed the ferry. So we went to my fav mexican place and chowed down. I'm SO not fitting into my bridesmaid's dress in 2 weeks. Seriously...I'm going to have to STARVE myself for 14 days. Awesome.

We're going to Lamma Island tomorrow. He said you can take the ferry to one end of the island then hike for 1 1/2 hours and end up at the seafood place on the beach. I'm so excited! I love stuff like this. Am so glad Cameron's here! But of course I'm not attracted to him. So typical.

No comments: