Thursday, November 08, 2007

Vietnam Trip

My last night in Vietnam. I've had such a wonderful time. I love the people here. The weather has been pretty much perfect the entire time. I met a 40-year old Swiss man, Pascal, my first night in Hanoi that adores me. We spent two nights together and he's going to visit me in HK next week ;) He's absolutely fascinating to talk to. Not the most attractive man I've been with but that all goes away just talking with him. There's much more to tell about him but he's the real deal. Also met some Canadian folks last night that are going to be in HK in a couple weeks and we're going to get together.

I shopped WAY too much. Had a dress made for me in Hoi An in less than 24 hours and it's HOT! Rode a motorbike for 3 hours today in the more rural parts between Hoi An and Danang. Decided to go off the main road to see what a small village looks like. Met several kids and their mothers. They helped me with my leg as I burned it on the pipe of another motorbike at the gas station. That scar will be on my leg for at least a year. They were so sweet. Made the pain go away :)

The kids ran and got their English language book and I helped them with their English pronounciation for about 20 minutes. That was the best part of my trip. We had the best time and I got the BEST picture with two of them. One of the little kids took it and he could barely hold up the camera. Somehow he framed it perfectly! Will put up my favorite pictures when I get back home. I also got one of the girl's email addresses although she forgot to add the part that comes after the @ sign. So I'm hoping the email I sent her goes through because I want to send her the picture. She'll get a kick out of it.

Oh - and then I dropped my camera. My brand new $1,300 camera. The lens is broken but I think the body of the camera is okay. I swear. This is why I don't own anything nice. And before that I bought a painting for $120. Left it leaning on a fence and jumped in a cab. I realized it 60 seconds later and by the time the cab took me back to the same spot it was gone. Went back today and bought a similar painting for a little bit less (she took pity on me). Didn't leave it out of my sight until I went to pick up my new hot dress. Propped it up against the desk when I paid and left it there. Realized it 60 seconds later (are you seeing a pattern here...?) and by the time I got back...it was still there. Thank God!

I can be SUCH a space cadet sometimes.

Right now I'm sitting in bed listening to the waves on China Beach. I can't believe I'm on China Beach. I keep looking for Dana Delaney.

Pictures coming soon...

No comments: