Thursday, February 23, 2006

Up and Down

This week has been so up and down (hence the title of this blog entry). It started out great because we booked the actor we really wanted for a TV pilot I'm working on.

Up!

Then I did my taxes and found out I owe a lot of money and my entire savings account that was to help me move to NY will be gone.

Down!

Then my boss gave me a raise and a bonus to make up for what I have to pay in taxes.

Up!

Then I found out we're shooting our TV pilot in LA instead of NY (I really wanted to go to NY).

And down again!

Then last night I watched Oprah on TiVo and she did that annoying thing she does which is put everything in perspective. She reported on the state of things for the Hurricane Katrina survivors.

Okay, so my little ups and downs are nothing, Oprahhhh. I realize I'm lucky to be alive, have a job, a roof over my head and food in my stomach.

It was one of those reports that - by the end - makes me want to quit the Entertainment biz and do something more philanthropic with my life. Buuuuut I need to make some money first before I can be such a "giver".

It truly is amazing how she's building 65 homes and creating a new community in Houston, TX. I love that she uses her power for good.

But then I hate it when she interviews Tom Cruise and kisses his ass the whole time, but...no one's perfect.

Is it bad that I'm watching "American Idol" instead of the Olympics? I feel like a bad American or something. I just can't bring myself to care about watching some chicks from Japan and Norway speed skate...or luuuuuge. (You have to say it like that. "Luuuuuuuge." Otherwise you're not doing the word - or the sport - justice) Meanwhile, my roommate is actually THERE in Turin... Torrino... TomAto...Tom-AH-to...whatever.



vs.



Tough call...

Okay, so I just took a break from writing this entry (this is tougher than it looks) and saw an article on freakin' CNN.com that told me who won the Gold medal for the woman's figure skating. That's the ONE THING I wanted to watch tonight! Fuckin' time difference. They should put a disclaimer at the beginning telling you that you might not want to read any further or it'll ruin it for you.

I'm going to try a new Lean Cuisine frozen dinner tonight. Ahhhhh, my Beverly Hills lifestyle. Aren't you jealous? It's Lemongrass Chicken!



I'm going to recommend a book to you 3 people who read this blog. It's "Twighlight of the Superheroes" by Deborah Eisenberg. It's a collection of short stories and I've only read the first one so far, but I love her writing style. Check it out...

No comments: